Congrats on your first win in a Minted Challenge! This guide for first-time winners will walk you through the next steps, as well as share useful tips and resources.
- Submit Final Files to See Your Work Launch
- Register For Payoneer to Receive Your Payments
- Set Up Your Minted Artist Store
- Build & Market Your Brand
- Connect with the Minted Community
- Get Support
SUBMIT FINAL FILES TO SEE YOUR WORK LAUNCH
Submit Your Final Files
If you have not yet submitted your final files, you will receive a separate file request email from email@example.com. See the Challenge winners announcement email for when to expect your file request.
File request emails contain:
- Final file submission due date
- How and where to upload your final files
- Any changes or special requests from our Merchandising team, if there are any
- Tips and resources (such as our File Preparation Help Articles)
- If we are holding a File Prep Office Hours for this Challenge, the date and time
Our team is notified when you submit your files, so there’s no need to email us to let us know when you’ve submitted. We will email you if there needs to be any changes to your files in order to launch them to the site.
Note: If your piece is an art print, upload your artist signature after submitting files.
See Your Work Launch
Once you submit your final files, our dedicated team begins the launch process, which includes:
- Reviewing your file against our printing guidelines
- Prepping your file to accurately launch on Minted.com
- For many designs, repurposing your design into other formats and category on your behalf. W e typically repurpose 5” x 7” cards into petite and postcard formats.
The launch process typically takes several weeks, but may take up to a few months depending on the season. The more closely you meet our file guidelines and submission deadline, the more likely we will be able to launch your work sooner.
You will receive an email when your work launches. Once launched, your design will be visible in your Minted Artist Store (more on this below) and on the Minted.com category page (see an example of a category page here).*
*Note: New pieces automatically populate at the end of the category page. We’ll update the order of designs on the category pages after all winning pieces have launched.
REGISTER FOR PAYONEER TO RECEIVE YOUR PAYMENTS
Register for Payoneer & Receive Your Prize Payment
To receive prize payment, verify you registered with our payment platform Payoneer (see instructions here). Payoneer offers data protection, a 24-hour support team, and three different payment methods, including direct deposits in local currency and options with zero fees. If registered, you will receive prize payment(s) within 90 days of when you submit your final files.
Earn Ongoing Sales Commission
For products sold on minted.com, you will receive an email notification for every customer order. You can also access order information in your Minted Artist Dashboard sales reports. You will be paid the sales commissions for designs sold on Minted on a monthly basis approximately 45 days after the calendar month when the sales occurred, according to our standard commission payment schedule. Artists with commissionable sales will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to download the Excel version of their itemized sales commission report every month.
SET UP YOUR MINTED ARTIST STORE
Set Up Your Minted Artist Store
Challenge winners also earn a Minted Artist Store, where you can curate your winning work and self-launch new designs without going through the Challenge process. A Minted Artist Store helps you run your own creative business by taking advantage of Minted’s world-class manufacturing, customer service, and fulfillment.
To get started:
- Check out our Minted Artist Store checklist
- Set up your Artist Store (make sure you're logged in to your artist profile)
- See our Minted Artist Store Help Articles
Brand Your Minted Artist Store
Once your Minted Artist Store is set up, upload images and fill out your profile to tell your story to customers. See our tips on taking great photos for your artist store here.
Note: Photo changes can take up to 72 hours to reflect in your store.
Launch Additional Products
You can self-launch non-customizable art prints, fabrics, wrapping paper, A2, and A7 stationery (both customizable and non-customizable). See our Self-Launch Help Articles.
BUILD & MARKET YOUR BRAND
Our mission is to connect your work with customers who are looking for unique, high-quality designs. We take care of marketing, manufacturing, shipping, and customer service so you can focus on your creative work. But, if you’d also like to spread the word about your brand and Minted products, we’ve put together a few resources.
- Join Minted’s Affiliate Program, which gives Minted Artists the opportunity to earn supplemental revenue while promoting any Minted products.
- Build your brand online with 5 takeaways from Minted’s Creative Branding Panel.
- Learn how to set up a successful Instagram strategy.
- See 6 tips for creating engaging social media content.
- Learn about new marketing and branding resources in our monthly e-newsletter, The Palette.
CONNECT WITH THE MINTED COMMUNITY
Minted fosters a supportive community of artists to help you learn, grow professionally, and build relationships with like-minded creatives.
There are multiple ways you can get involved:
- Join the Minted Artist Community Facebook Group, where you can build relationships with and learn from like-minded creatives.
- Go to a Minted Meetup, get-togethers for Minted artists (both experienced and new!) to meet each other in person and chat about all things Minted, art, design, and more. Subscribe to our events calendar to learn about upcoming Meetups as well as Minted-hosted events.
- Pay it forward and give feedback to other artists in the community. Respond to feedback requests, answer polls, and join critique groups.
- Attend Camp Minted — our annual conference for Minted artists to develop long-lasting relationships with like-minded creatives, be creatively inspired, develop their technical craft, and seek creative and physical refueling and rejuvenation.
- Participate in the Minted Buddy Program, an opportunity for artists, designers and writers to make connections in the Minted Community and to learn from one another.
Have questions? Get the support you need:
- Visit the Weekly Updates page for the latest on our Challenges, file requests, product launches, Community events, and more — we refresh this page every Friday. Subscribe to our Minted Challenges calendar to hear when a new Challenge launches.
- Explore our Help Center. We recommend first-time winners start with our Design Launch, Artist Store, and Policies and Terms categories.
- Reach out to our supportive community in the Minted Community Facebook Group.
- Connect with the Minted Artist Relations team during Office Hours, a live chat session held weekly on the Updates page Fridays at 11am PT.
- Still need help? For questions related to your files, email email@example.com. For everything else, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Minted Artist Relations team works Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. PT.