Minted uses real names (first and last names) in marketing. On social media, we will use your first and name and tag your social media handle (e.g., Sally Jones @sallyjonesdesign). Because of this, we ask artists to add their first and last name to their Minted Artist Profile and/or use their first and last name as their Minted Artist Name.
How to check and change the name in your Minted Artist Profile (used for marketing):
- Login to minted.com with your Minted artist account
- Go to Account, then click “Update Profile”.
- Confirm or update your first and last name.
- Click “Submit”.
You can learn how to change your Minted Artist Name (appears in your Store, shopping pages, and community pages) here.
I only do business under my business or brand name, not my real name. Can I keep my business name as my Designer Name (on my Store, in shopping pages, and community pagers)?
Minted artists who joined before 2021 may choose to keep their brand name as their Designer Name. For the purposes of marketing, however, we will only use the first and last name in your Minted user profile.
Can I use a business name if I submit as a duo, pair, or group?
You have the option to keep a brand name as your Designer Name. In marketing, however, we will use the first and last names of each individual within the pair or group. Please include the first and last names of both members in your shared Minted user account.
Do I have to use my legal name in my Minted user account? Can I use a pseudonym as my first and last name?
Yes, if you wish to remain anonymous, you may use a pseudonym.
Do I need to include my last name? Can I just submit my first name only?
First and last name are both required. As mentioned above, you may use a pseudonym if you wish. If you have a common name, you may add your middle name, use your maiden name or alternate last name, or use a pseudonym.
If I change my Designer Name (the name that appears on my Store, in shopping pages, and community pages) to first and last name now, can I change it back later?
Yes, for artists who joined before 2021, you can change your Designer Name as you wish. That said, we will only use the first and last name in your Minted user profile in marketing.
What name will you print on the back of products or packaging?
- For wholesale or partnerships, we only use first and last name on Minted-branded products and packaging as well as marketing materials.
- For products sold on Minted.com, we will continue to use the Designer Name.
- As an exception, and for the purpose of clarity, for new products that feature a collection of Minted artists, such as the coloring book or Minted More box, we will use first and last names on products and packaging.
How will I be credited on Greeting Cards?
- For greeting cards, we credit all artists and writers using their real names, not artist or brand names. Your real name will be printed on the back of every greeting card.