Design polls let you upload up to four different versions of your design and then poll others in the community for feedback and to rate your different versions. You'll receive the feedback below your design in the “Comments.” The feature is available during the submission and critique phases, and is designed specially to allow for more depth in critiques and feedback.
To start a design poll, just follow these steps:
- Submit a design, then go to your design’s page.
- Under your design, click the green “Create a Poll” button.
- You can then upload up to 4 alternative images or versions of your design.
- Click the green “Start Poll” button. Others can now see the poll when they view your design and will be able to vote by clicking on the version they prefer. While voting, they’ll be prompted to leave a comment if they choose.
- You can watch the results as they come in. After someone votes, they’ll be able to see the results so far.
- When you’ve gotten the input you need, click “End Poll.”
- You can then replace your current design with one of the options you put in the poll, go back to your previous version, or upload a new design altogether.
You can’t make any changes to polls while they’re open. That said, if you want to add new options or edit the poll after you've started it, just end that poll and start a new one.
The results can appear to change if a voter changes his or her mind about which version they prefer.
Voters can change their minds and decide that they really love option 'b' more than option 'a.' They have the option to go back to the design and change their vote. Their most recent vote will override their previous vote, thus changing the results that you see. In the end, this provides you with better feedback, as it's often the result of more careful deliberation and consideration on the part of the voter.
Once you’re ready to end your poll, simply click the "End Poll" button above your design. When you end the poll, you will be prompted to choose the version you wish to keep as your submission image.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be sure to close your polls before voting opens. If your poll is still open at that time, your piece will revert back to the last submitted design!