Welcome to the newly updated Weekly Updates Page! We've revamped this page with the goal of making it easier and more effective for you to use. Here's how to get started with the new page:
- View how many updates are new for this week by category at the top of the page. Click a category name to jump to that section.
- See our new category, Community, for upcoming events, deadlines, and news.
- Don't see what you're looking for? Ask us about it in Office Hours — now available at the bottom of this page.
- Give feedback. Let us know what you think of the updates and what else we can do to improve this page by emailing us at email@example.com.
Thanks for stopping by to read the projected Current Estimated Challenge Calendar for the next two months! Please note that this schedule is subject to change. We will update this page every Friday.
Here for Office Hours? Jump to the chat>>
|Calendar||Files||Launches||Tech & Payments||Community|
|upcoming challenge timelines||file request deadlines and file prep updates||recent product & assortment launches||tech updates & upcoming payments||upcoming events, deadlines, & news|
Challenges are made up of (i) a Submission Period, during which artists submit designs, (ii) a Critique Period, a minimum of 24-hours of dedicated time for giving and incorporating peer feedback, (iii) a Voting Period during which Minted artists and customers cast their votes on submissions, followed by Minted's voting analysis & editorial review — analysis and review tends to take longer for Art and Partner Challenges, and (iv) Winners Announcements and File Requests. Below are current Challenge states.
New Foil Textures: After recent testing, we want to provide some additional guidance around using our new Red & Ice Blue foil textures. Due to the difference in the printing processes between digital and foil-pressed elements, it is difficult to perfectly match CMYK values to foil textures. Because of this, we recommend selecting a different or coordinating shade or hue for digitally-printed elements (i.e. avoid pairing Red foil with digitally-printed elements in a matching red.)
Top-rated winners and Editors' Picks receive a request for final Adobe Illustrator files (fine art accepted in other formats) within a week after each winners announcement. Below are final file submission deadlines.
|Some requests from the So Very Merry Non-Foil Holiday Card Challenge have been sent! See progress of all requests from this challenge below.||Files are due July 16|
|Requests for the From Here to Eternity Letterpress Wedding Invitation Challenge are being sent today, June 14!||Files are due on July 2|
|Requests for the A New Perspective Minted x West Elm 6th Art Challenge have been sent. *||Files were due on June 18|
|File requests and repurpose requests for the Non-Foil-Pressed and Foil-Pressed Birth Announcement Challenges have been sent.||Files were due on June 14|
* Note: Our team is currently working on processing remaining pieces from the Minted x Pottery Barn Challenge, so you may see files processing times longer than normal for pieces submitted from this challenge. Our team will start reviewing files from this assortment over the next couple weeks.
Holiday File Request Progress Bar
Below we've listed recent or upcoming launches of designs from Challenges. Keep in mind that late or incompletely submitted files, the need to acquire licenses for non-Minted fonts, investigation of clip art usage, and technical difficulties can cause delays in the launch of specific designs.
|Art prints from the Walls That Wow: Minted x Pottery Barn Kids x PBteen Round 3 Art Challenge *||Being Launched|
|Wedding Invitations from the Crazy in Love Foil-Pressed Wedding Invitation Challenge||Being launched|
Wall Murals from the Dream Big: Nursery and Kids Wall Mural Challenge
|Murals expected to begin launching in mid-July, art prints expected to launch in early August|
Art Prints from the A New Perspective Minted x West Elm 6th Art Challenge
|Expected to begin launching in late July|
*[Updated 6/21] Note: We have successfully launched ~80% of the Art Assortment from this challenge. We are currently running into some technical issues around remaining pieces from this challenge. We have identified all affected pieces and are actively working to launch them. We will reach out to these artists if we need action taken on these projects in order to launch.
Tech Updates & Payments Schedule
All payments are processed through Payoneer. Commission Payments are paid monthly — with the exception of some sales made through partners, which are paid quarterly. Prize payments are sent every two weeks, at the end of the week, for all files received before that date.
|Latest Round of Prize Payments Sent:||June 19|
Greeting Card Subscription Service sales emails are in progress. Currently, these sales will only appear in your reports and will not generate a notification email.
[Updated 6/21] The Self-launch Tool is experiencing a number of issues. We've listed the most common bugs below.
- Product Dimension Issues (e.g being asked to submit a landscape template for a portrait card) - If you experience this problem, please exit the project. When you progress through the steps again, you should see the orientation update. If you do not see it update to the correct dimension within 48 hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Image on Product Details Page Doesn't Reflect Update - If you upload a new version of your design during self-launch, the image doesn't always update right away on the Product Details Page. If it still has not updated after 24 hours, reach out to email@example.com
- "Unknown Error" - Make sure your design is using fonts from our Minted Font List. If you are not using any non-Minted fonts, but are still experiencing issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The self-launch tool is functioning, but we have been seeing delays and bugs affecting some pieces.
- If your project is processing for longer than 4-5 days, please email email@example.com to let us know.
- We are continuing to move art prints to our new product page. If you see a previously launched piece moved to the "processing" status on your My Projects page, please check your store as it may be live there.
We encourage you to get to know your like-minded peers in the community by joining the Minted Community Facebook group, attending conference calls, and going to meetups — get-togethers for Minted artists.
- The branding for Camp Minted 2019 has been released. See it now >>
- [New 6/21] Speakers for Camp Minted 2019 have been published. Changes may occur. See them now >>
- [New 6/21] If you are attending Camp Minted and have not yet booked your hotel room, you must do so by Thursday, June 27 in order to receive our discounted group rate.
We host weekly Office Hours using the chat feature below. Office Hours are every Friday from 11am - 12pm PT.