Last updated on April 19, 2019
Minted x Pottery Barn Kids X PBteen Challenge file submission update: We are experiencing a technical issue causing some files submitted through artists' "My Projects" pages to be stuck at the "processing" stage of the upload flow. Our Art Production team is closely monitoring all affected projects and will be fixing this internally. If you see that your piece is not processing correctly no action is needed from you. We appreciate your patience, and look forward to having all remaining artwork processed soon.
Thanks for stopping by to read the projected Current Estimated Challenge Calendar for the next two months! Please note that this schedule is subject to change. We will update this page every Friday.
- We expect winners announcements for Art and Partner Challenges to take longer than
- other Challenges.
- Minted Now Challenges will not be included on this calendar.
- File requests are typically sent within a few business days of winners announcements. Files are typically due back to Minted within 2-4 weeks after the file request.
- The Holiday Gifting Challenge has been removed from the calendar. We initially planned this challenge to source designs for potential wholesale opportunities, but the timing did not line up correctly. We know that many of you may have begun work on these designs, and plan to hold a Minted Holiday Gifting Challenge later this spring so that you can submit your work there if you like.
NOTE ON LETTERPRESS CHALLENGE: Friendly reminder to please reference our Letterpress guidelines when creating your submissions to our From Here to Eternity Quickfire Letterpress Wedding Invitation Challenge! We’ve included important information on designing for this unique printing process in our Challenge Description PDF, as well as this FAQ article. Letterpress and digital elements (including photos) should not overlap and be at least 1/16’’ apart. Please don’t hesitate to email us if you have any questions around the guidelines, we want to make sure that we’re able to consider all of your beautiful submissions.
Important note on Photo Kits: To ensure that submissions look fresh and that the growing number of repeat voters are voting on designs that do not incorporate past designs' photos, moving forward, please only use photos from your Challenge’s Submission Kit, and do not use photos from prior years’ kits or from other Challenges.
Art Challenge Status Update:
- West Elm: West Elm is in the process of finalizing their Editors’ Picks. We will update this page when they have selected their picks and when we have made early West Elm requests.
File Request Updates
- We have sent a survey to all winners of the Dream Big: Nursery and Kids Wall Mural Challenge to gather info to inform our file request process. Survey responses are due on Friday, 4/19.
- File requests from the Crazy in Love Foil-Pressed Wedding Invitations Challenge have been sent! Files are due either Tuesday, April 30 or Tuesday, May 7.
- File requests from the Walls that Wow Minted x Pottery Barn Kids x PBteen Challenge have been sent! Files are due on Tuesday, April 9.
- We plan to select a small number of additional Greeting Cards from our most recent challenges. We expect to send file requests after our official winners announcement.
- IMPORTANT UPDATE: Minted has transitioned to a new payment platform, Payoneer. All artists who receive payment from Minted must register for Payoneer. All payments are now being processed through Payoneer, and payments for artists who have not registered will be held until their registration is complete. Please see here for more information on Payoneer.
- Commission Payments: We will continue to pay artists on a monthly basis, approximately 45 days after month in which the sales were made. Please note that sales made through some wholesale and retail partners will continue to be paid on a quarterly basis. Our new commission payment schedule and details on specific partners be viewed here.
- Prize Payments: The latest round of prize payments was sent on April 10, 2019, for all files received before that date. Prize payments are sent every two weeks, at the end of the week.
This is an estimate. Late or incomplete files, the need to acquire new font licenses, licensed graphics we'd have to look into, and technical difficulties with customization can cause delays in launch of specific designs. We'll continue to update this section to reflect any changes in our launch timelines.
- Wedding Invitation designs from the Crazy in Love Non-Foil Challenge are starting to launch! Designs will be launched on a rolling basis before the end of May. In general, the invitation suite will launch first (followed by Day-Of items, Website, and All-in-One).
- Graduation booklettes, tags, stickers, and foil-pressed magnets have launched!
- Number of Poll Responses: As of March 8th, you can now see the number of responses to your polls. Based on artist feedback, you’ll still be able to see the percentage in addition to the count. Learn how to start a poll here.
- Change to "View All" Submissions: We’ve added a drop-down on the challenge page that allows you to view up to 500 submissions to make voting easier. This was introduced in place of “View All”, which was removed to improve site speed. We are currently experiencing a bug causing the "View 500" option not to appear to users who are not logged into Minted accounts. If you run into this, please log into your account and you'll be able view submissions as usual.
- UPDATE (as of 3/22): We are currently making updates to the self-launch tool to improve the launch experience for art prints. As a result, self-launched art will currently be paused at the "processing" stage. We will post an update here when the tool is up and running again, and really appreciate your patience in the meantime.
- GENERAL UPDATE: There are currently a number of issues affecting the self-launch tool, which are preventing designs from launching successfully. We've detailed some of the known and solvable issues below, but there have been other issues surfacing which we're unfortunately not able to fix at this time as we need to focus on site issues and stability during the Holiday season. You are welcome to continue self-launching your work, but please note that there may be issues which will require long-term investigations to fix. We really appreciate your patience.
- If your design uses a non-Minted font (or slightly different version of a Minted font), you will likely receive an "Unknown Error" when uploading your files. If this occurs, please email email@example.com and we can help push your project through.
- Some artists have been experiencing issues around project dimensions (i.e. if you create a portrait orientation card, the upload area may prompt you to submit a landscape orientation template instead). If you experience this problem, please exit the project. When you progress through the steps again, you should see the orientation update. If you do not see this update to the correct dimension within 48 hours, please email files@minted.
- If you upload a new version of your design during self-launch, the image doesn't always update right away on the Product Details Page. If it still has not updated after 24 hours, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate.
- Some artists have recently found emails from our team in their spam folders. Please check your spam and/or promotions folder to see if any emails from us have ended up there.
- Some artists have experienced issues with the sales report links in their sales emails. If your link does not work, it is because you are not logged into your Minted account. Log in, then try again and it should work!