Thanks for stopping by to read the projected Current Estimated Challenge Calendar for the next two months! Please note that this schedule is subject to change. We will update this page every Friday.
Here for Office Hours? Jump to the chat>>
|Calendar||Files||Launches||Tech & Payments||Community|
|upcoming challenge timelines||file request deadlines and file prep updates||recent product & assortment launches||tech updates & upcoming payments||upcoming events, deadlines, & news|
Challenges are made up of (i) a Submission Period, during which artists submit designs, (ii) a Critique Period, a minimum of 24-hours of dedicated time for giving and incorporating peer feedback, (iii) a Voting Period during which Minted artists and customers cast their votes on submissions, followed by Minted's voting analysis & editorial review — analysis and review tends to take longer for Art and Partner Challenges, and (iv) Winners Announcements and File Requests. Below are current Challenge states.
*File requests for our Holiday Card Challenges are sent before our winners announcements.
**Our next Wedding Invitation Challenge may launch as early as August, but we are still finalizing the timeline. It will be added to the calendar when the dates have been confirmed.
*** We will no longer be holding a Holiday Party Invitation Challenge this year. With this year’s Holiday Challenges and file requests overlapping more than in past years, we want to ensure that you can dedicate your time to Challenges that will offer you the most value. We will be accepting repurposes for Holiday Party Invitations here until Thursday, August 8. We hope to run more Holiday Party Invitation Challenges in the future.
Top-rated winners and Editors' Picks receive a request for final Adobe Illustrator files (fine art is accepted in other formats). Requests are typically sent within a week after each winners announcement, with the exception of Holiday challenges where requests are sent before winners are announced. This gives our Production team time to prepare the holiday assortment to launch before our big reveal in the fall. Below are final file submission deadlines.
|Some requests from the So Very Merry Non-Foil Holiday Card Challenge, So Very Merry Foil-Pressed Holiday Card Challenge, and Counting our Blessings Religious Christmas Photo Card Challenge have been sent! See progress of all requests from these challenges below.||Files are due July 16|
|Requests for the From Here to Eternity Letterpress Wedding Invitation Challenge are being sent today, June 14!||Files were due on July 2|
|Requests for the A New Perspective Minted x West Elm 6th Art Challenge have been sent. *||Files were due on June 18|
|File requests and repurpose requests for the Non-Foil-Pressed and Foil-Pressed Birth Announcement Challenges have been sent.||Files were due on June 14|
* Note: Our team is currently working on processing remaining pieces from the Minted x Pottery Barn Challenge, so you may see files processing times longer than normal for pieces submitted from the West Elm Challenge. Our team will start reviewing files from this assortment soon.
Holiday File Request Progress Bar
* Note: As of June 28, we have sent all scheduled file requests for the week. Remaining requests will be sent by the end of July. We are determining winners in segments, and sending file requests as those segments are finalized. We are still working through portions of this large assortment. We are sending requests for confirmed winners as the groups are finalized so that requests can be sent earlier than in past years, out of respect for artists’ time. We will ensure that everyone has the same amount of time to prepare files from each round, and will post an update here as well as update the progress bar above as soon as the remaining requests are sent.
Below we've listed recent or upcoming launches of designs from Challenges. Keep in mind that late or incompletely submitted files, the need to acquire licenses for non-Minted fonts, investigation of clip art usage, and technical difficulties can cause delays in the launch of specific designs.
|Art prints from the Walls That Wow: Minted x Pottery Barn Kids x PBteen Round 3 Art Challenge *||Being Launched|
|Wedding Invitations from the Crazy in Love Foil-Pressed Wedding Invitation Challenge||Being launched|
Wall Murals from the Dream Big: Nursery and Kids Wall Mural Challenge
|Murals expected to begin launching in mid-July, art prints expected to launch in early August|
Art Prints from the A New Perspective Minted x West Elm 6th Art Challenge
|Expected to begin launching in late July|
- *Note: We have successfully launched over 90% of the Art Assortment from this challenge. We are currently running into some technical issues around remaining pieces from this Challenge. We have identified all affected pieces and are actively working to launch them. We will reach out to these artists if we need action taken on these projects in order to launch.
We’re thrilled to announce that we are expanding our Wedding assortment to include a brand new product, Wedding Signs! Weddings Signs are new products for us so to start, we will be repurposing a small number of existing designs into this new format. All artists whose work is included have been notified. We plan to launch these designs in July and look forward to potentially expanding the assortment to include additional designs in the future.
Tech Updates & Payments Schedule
All payments are processed through Payoneer. Commission Payments are paid monthly — with the exception of some sales made through partners, which are paid quarterly. Prize payments are sent every two weeks, at the end of the week, for all files received before that date.
|Latest Round of Prize Payments Sent:||July 9|
- Payoneer will be conducting maintenance to its systems between Saturday July 20th 2019 at 3:00 AM EST and Sunday July 21st 2019 at 9:00 AM EST. There may be a service interruption of a couple of minutes during this maintenance window.
Greeting Card Subscription Service sales emails are in progress. Currently, these sales will only appear in your reports and will not generate a notification email.
The Self-launch Tool is experiencing a number of issues. We've listed the most common bugs below.
Product Dimension Issues (e.g being asked to submit a landscape template for a portrait card) - If you experience this problem, please exit the project. When you progress through the steps again, you should see the orientation update. If you do not see it update to the correct dimension within 48 hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Image on Product Details Page Doesn't Reflect Update - If you upload a new version of your design during self-launch, the image doesn't always update right away on the Product Details Page. If it still has not updated after 24 hours, reach out to email@example.com
The self-launch tool is functioning, but we have been seeing delays and bugs affecting some pieces.
Due to the number of winning art prints that have been launched recently, we have seen some projects take over a week to process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if your piece has not processed after seven days so that we can help move it forward. There are technical issues impacting pieces that can take longer to resolve and we will keep you updated if your piece is affected.
We are continuing to move art prints to our new product page. If you see a previously launched piece moved to the "processing" status on your My Projects page, please check your store as it may be live there.
We encourage you to get to know your like-minded peers in the community by joining the Minted Community Facebook group, attending conference calls, and going to meetups — get-togethers for Minted artists.
- [New 7/1] We've published the Camp Minted 2019 Schedule!
- Speakers for Camp Minted 2019 have been published. Changes may occur. See them now >>
We host weekly Office Hours using the chat feature below. Office Hours are every Friday from 11am - 12pm PT.