What is the Minted Buddy Program?
- The Minted Buddy Program is an opportunity for artists, designers and writers to make connections in the Minted Community and to learn from one another. Minted will pair each artist who signs up for the program with a fellow Minted artist. We will strive to pair individuals based on experience and category (art, stationery, etc.) as best we can.
- A key benefit of the Buddy Program is sharing feedback and critiques on your Minted work. We encourage artists to share tips and tricks of the trade, offer up advice on participating in challenges, and ask questions you may not feel comfortable asking in the Minted Community Facebook group or Office Hours.
- After you sign up, each month we'll send you an email to you and your buddy. This email will include a few suggested themes and topics to discuss with your buddy. You can decide whether to follow our prompts or choose to chat about something completely different. Our recommended topics are completely optional and are intended to inspire dialogue. We welcome you to make this program your own, so we definitely encourage you and your buddy to do whatever inspires you!
What is the time commitment?
- By signing up for the Buddy Program, you are agreeing that you 1) have time available in your schedule and 2) are willing to set aside time to connect with your buddy. You and your buddy can determine how much time you want to spend with each other, but we suggest being in touch a minimum of one hour per month. It will be important to strike a balance so that you're not ignoring your buddy or bugging him or her too much. We trust that you'll figure out what works best.
- Once you’re paired with your buddy, you can figure out the best way to be in touch. You could talk on the phone, chat, text, or email. How you stay connected with your buddy is entirely up to you.
- We will open the Buddy Program every six months. This means you can participate with a new buddy every six months, participate in the program just once, or continue to participate in the program with the same buddy. Our goal is to create more opportunities to make meaningful connections with other talented creatives. We hope you’ll keep in contact with your buddy even after the program ends.Check out this success story about two Minted buddies!
How do I sign up?
The 2018 Buddy Program kick off date is March 29, 2018. This program is held every 6 months and an email is sent out to the Minted artist community with instructions to join. If you missed the March sign up form, we will be launching another round of the Buddy Program in Fall 2018.
Why should I participate?
Here are some of the main reasons:
- You are new to Minted and need help figuring out how things work.
- You are an experienced creative and want to provide mentorship to another Minted artist.
- You want to get to know other Minted artists in the community.
- You want to connect with other talented creatives.
What if I decide the program is not for me?
- We definitely encourage people to sign up only if they have time for the program and are excited about it, but we understand that things come up and life happens. If you find yourself too busy, or if something unexpected comes up that will prevent you from being a good buddy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll follow up with you via email and will do our best to find your buddy a new pal.