Our community has a phenomenal wealth of experience, diversity, and knowledge, and the amount of support you all provide to each other is really special. The Buddy program was created to make the Minted Community stronger and give artists and designers an opportunity to share advice and mentor one another.
Above all, we want this program to be fun. We've outlined information about the program below. We open up the Buddy Program every six months. The next sign-up for the program will be in May of 2016. All artists will receive an email where they can opt in to the program.
What is the Buddy Program?
- The Minted Buddy Program is an opportunity for artists and designers to make connections in the Minted Community and to learn from one another. We will pair people based on personality, experience, and category (art, stationery, etc.).
- It's an opportunity for you to give and receive feedback on your work, offer up advice on participating in challenges, and ask questions you may not feel comfortable asking in the Facebook group or Office Hours.
- Each month, we'll send you an email with suggested themes and topics to talk about with your buddy. You can choose to follow these or not; these themes are optional and are intended to help inspire dialogue. We want you to make this program your own, so we definitely encourage you and your buddy to do whatever inspires you!
What is the time commitment?
- We will open the buddy program every six months. This means you can participate with a new buddy every six months, or participate in the program just once. It's entirely up to you. The goal is to create more opportunities to make meaningful connections with other talented creatives. We hope you'll be able to contact your buddy and ask a question, even after the program ends.
- You can spend as much or as little time as you like with your Buddy, but we suggest being in touch a minimum of one hour per month. It will be important to strike a balance so that you're not ignoring your buddy or bugging him or her too much! We trust that you'll figure out what works best.
- Once you're paired with your buddy, you can figure out the best way to be in touch. You could talk on the phone, chat, text, email, send smoke signals. How you stay connected with your buddy is entirely up to you.
Why would I want to do this?
- You are new to Minted and need help figuring out how things work.
- You have been with Minted for a while and would really like to help a new artist.
- You want to connect with someone in the Minted community who started around the same time as you.
- You want to get to know other Minties in the community.
What if I decide it's not working?
- We definitely encourage people to sign up only if they have time for the program and are excited about it. But we understand that things come up and life happens. If you find yourself too busy, or if something unexpected comes up that will prevent you from being a good buddy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within the first month. We'll follow up with you via email and will do our best to find your buddy a new pal.