Your hand-written name is an important part of your identity on Minted. It helps our customers identify with you as a person and an artist. The handwritten name appears on the Minted site and on the certificate of authenticity that accompanies art print orders.
Uploading a hand-written version of your full, real name (not your artist name) is required if you have products for sale on Minted.
You'll need two versions of your hand-written name, one white and one black. Both need to be on a 100% transparent background. Please do not use your legal signature, and do not use a logo or a typeface.
How to create and upload your hand-written name:
- Write your full real name on a piece of paper in a black pen.
- Scan your name. If you don't have a scanner, you can take a picture — just try to have even lighting.
- Open your scanned file in Photoshop.
- Go to: ‘Select’ > ‘Color Range…’
- Eyedrop the darkest part of your signature.
- Set the ‘Fuzziness’ bar to maximum (200).
- Hit ‘OK’. This will make a selection of your signature.
- Go to ‘Layer’ > ‘New’ > ‘Layer Via Copy’.
- Hide the layer that contains your original scanned image by clicking the eye icon next to the layer or going to ‘Layer’ > ‘Hide Layers’
- Select the entire canvas by hitting ‘command’ or ‘control-A’.
- Make the signature white by going to ‘Edit’ --> ‘Fill’. Select ‘White’ under the ‘Use:’ menu, and (IMPORTANT!) check ‘Preserve Transparency’. Hit ‘OK’
- Click the layer with your signature. Go to ‘Select’ > ‘Load Selection’, click ‘OK’ (You can also 'Control' (PC) or 'Command' (MAC) to click the layer in your layer palette)
- Go to ‘Select’ > ‘Inverse’, then hit the ‘Delete’ button on your keyboard. This will eliminate any last traces of white from the background)
- Crop and/or resize the image to make it fit nicely within 600 x 160 pixels.
- Save the image as a png to retain transparency.
- Go to ‘Image’ > ‘Adjustments’ > ‘Invert’.
- Crop and/or resize the black version to make it 415 x 120 pixels.
- Save the image as a separate .png
- Upload the images by going to your artist dashboard and clicking on “Edit Your Artist Profile". (More detailed instructions on how to edit your profile can be found here.)
- Upload the black signature under “Hand-written Name: Black”.
- Upload the white signature under “Hand-written Name: White”.
- IMPORTANT: When you're done, be sure to click "Submit" at the bottom right.
Congratulations - you’ve updated your hand-written name!