See an example of a Birth Announcement suite below, along with key merchandising info for each accessory item to consider when preparing your files.
BIRTH & PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Ensure the front of your design stays true to your winning submission (unless changes were requested by our Merchandising team, found in the ‘Special Requests’ section of your File Request).
- Note! If your design includes a year on it, please make sure the year is 2021. If your design is in our assortment for multiple years, this will avoid additional work by our team to update and re-launch.
- When creating your alternate colorways, ensure your fronts contrast from one another by something other than foil type.
- If your design includes foil elements, make sure you are using a different foil type for each colorway. You may repeat a foil type, but please ensure that the color of other design elements differ.
- Die-cut shapes are place in the “background” layer within your templates. If your design uses a die-cut shape, you can turn shapes on & off here to preview your design. Our team will automatically launch your design with the die-cut shape matching your winning submission.
Example featured is Bright Shapes Collage by Ariel Rutland
- A solid color backer will automatically be offered with your design, so please create a patterned backer that coordinates with the front of your design.
- Make sure you bleed the pattern design to the edge of the artboard (the color behind the logo will be applied by our team before launch).
- Do not include any customizable elements on your pattern backer, as our customizer cannot accommodate this. Please also avoid using text on your backer in general, as this causes confusion among customers.
- If your winning design is foil-pressed, know that we cannot accommodate foil elements on the backer.
- Due to the nature of Letterpress printing, we do not offer backer designs for this product kind. If your design is selected for our letterpress assortment, you do not need to submit this item.
- Please create a patterned liner that coordinates with the rest of your design.
- Silver, Gold, and Rose Gold liners will also be available to customers as an option.
- Do not include any text or customizable elements on your liner, as our customizer cannot accommodate this.
Either submit one pattern on the combined backer & liner file in your
templates, or create two separate patterns and submit both.
- Please include coordinating designs for both recipient address (front of envelope) and return address (back flap).
- The more creative your envelope design, the more likely it is to be featured in Minted marketing materials!
- Choose fonts that complement your design and/or coordinate with the front (but keep the default names & addresses).
- Due to postal regulations, please do not use a script font for the sender or recipient address (names are ok though!). Please also ensure that the names are on one line only.
- Avoid using large blocks of color in your design or light pastel colors, as these do not render well when printed. Please also avoid using large areas of texture, as these have the potential to come across as a printing error.
- Do not slant or rotate any name/address text on your envelope.
- Skinnywrap labels are an adhesive strip that wrap around the flap of the envelope. They contain an address on the front and a seasonal message and/or graphics on the back.
- Do not include borders on skinnywrap labels. Due to the width of the label, slight variations in trimming may create inconsistencies.
- Make sure the name on your label matches the name on the front of your design.
- If your winning design is foil-pressed, know that we cannot accommodate foil elements on the skinnywrap label.
- Please do not include a year on your skinnywrap label, as this is difficult to update if your design is in our assortment for multiple years.
THANK YOU CARD
- Design the front of an A2 folding thank you card (the interior and back will be left blank). You may design either a portrait or landscape orientation card.
- Please ensure there is at least one customizable element in your design (i.e. baby’s name or initials). You are welcome to also include a photo in your Thank You Card design, but a photo is not required.
- Please do not include a year on your thank you card, as this is difficult to update if your design is in our assortment for multiple years.
- If the front of your design includes foil-pressed elements, please also include foil-pressed elements on your Thank You Card.