Minted organizes live chat critique groups for most major Challenges to connect artists together so they can give and receive valuable feedback on specific designs. You can check the Weekly Updates page for any upcoming sessions.
How it works:
- One-hour session
- Small groups of up to 8 artists
- Each artist will have 6-7 minutes to present your work and receive feedback from peers
- Each group will have a moderator from the Minted Artist Relations team. Your moderator will kick off the session and let you know when it’s your turn for feedback
What to bring:
- A quick introduction about yourself (your name, location, how long you’ve been with Minted)
- One design that you’d like feedback on. If your group has extra time, you may be able to share a second design
- Specific questions about your design(s) for the artists in your group to answer
Tips for a Successful Critique Group:
- Before your first meeting, we suggest reviewing this Julep post about giving and receiving feedback: 7 Ways to Master Art and Design Critiques
- Join your group on time so you can take advantage of the full hour
- When it’s your turn, quickly introduce yourself to your fellow artists and then jump right in to maximize your time!
- Share a link to your submission with the group and give an overview of the type of feedback you’re looking for (e.g., colorways, etc.). It helps to have specific questions in mind to guide the conversation. For ideas, read our list of 15 Questions to Prompt Stationery Design Critiques on Minted
- You have 6-7 minutes to use as you like. Please focus on one design that you’d like critiqued. If your group has extra time at the end, you may share an additional design.
- In addition to providing feedback in the Critique Group, we encourage you to post your comments on the artist’s submission page so that he or she can refer back to your comments after the session