Your hand-written name is an important part of your identity on Minted. It helps our customers identify with you as a person and an artist. The handwritten name appears on the Minted site and on the certificate of authenticity that accompanies art print orders.
**Uploading a hand-written version of your full, real name (not your designer name) is required if you have products for sale on Minted.**
You'll need two versions of your hand-written name, one white and one black. Both need to be on a 100% transparent background. Please do not use your legal signature, and do not use a logo or a typeface.
How to create and upload your hand-written name:
1. Write your full real name on a piece of paper in a black pen.
2. Scan your name. If you don't have a scanner, you can take a picture - just try to have even lighting.
3. Open your scanned file in Photoshop.
4. Go to: Select > Color Range…
5. Eyedrop the darkest part of your signature.
6. Set the Fuzziness bar to maximum (200).
7. Hit OK. This will make a selection of your signature.
8. Go to Layer > New > Layer Via Copy
9. Hide the layer that contains your original scanned image by clicking the eye icon next to the layer or going to Layer > Hide Layers.
10. Select the entire canvas by hitting command or control-A
11. Make the signature white by going to Edit --> Fill. Select "White" under the "Use:" menu, and (IMPORTANT!) check "Preserve Transparency." Hit OK.
12. Click the layer with your signature. Go to Select > Load Selection, click ok
(you can also Control (PC) or command ⌘ (MAC) click the layer in your layer palette.)
13. Go to Select:Inverse, then hit the delete button on your keyboard. This will eliminate any last traces of white from the background.
13. Crop and/or resize the image to make it fit nicely within 600 x 160 pixels.
14. Save the image as a .PNG to retain transparency.
15. Go to Image --> Adjustments --> Invert
16. Crop and/or resize the black version to make it 415 x 120 pixels.
17. Save the image as a separate .PNG.
- Upload the black signature under Hand-written Name: Black
- Upload the white signature under Hand-written Name: White
- IMPORTANT - When you're done, be sure to click "submit" at the bottom right.
19. All done! Check out your black hand-written name on your search results page: