We will roll out our new submission process over time (see the Implementation Schedule below), to help achieve faster, error-free launches of our community’s designs. Our new policy applies to customizable art and stationery; our requirements for non-custom and self-launch art have not changed.
An important part of our new process includes asking you to provide more design-oriented information, such as alternative fonts and font colors. We want to give you more control over your designs and how the final product appears to customers.
Submission policy for Minted Design Challenge–winning designs:
· Artists will now submit files in Minted-provided Adobe Illustrator templates and place all artwork on the appropriate provided layers. Templates will be provided via file request emails.
· Artists will list all fonts (and suggested alternatives for non-Minted fonts), as well as links to any non-original artwork used in their design by completing the ”Font Info” page when submitting files.
· Artists exercise more creative control as to how their design will ultimately appear to the Minted customer by specifying colorway swatches, alternate font colors, and customizable backer information using the new templates.
We’ve carefully crafted these requirements with our artist community’s best interests in mind. Our goal is to create a clear, streamlined submission and launch process, that results in the following:
· Faster time to launch for your products
· Greater artistic control over your designs
· Smoother, error-free launches that adhere to your design intent
January 20, 2016
· Challenge submission kits and file request emails will include updated templates.
· Please watch our submission process tutorial videos in Designer FAQS>File Preparation Tutorials. Watch the entire process–from request email, to preparing your AI file, to submitting online.
January 20-April 29, 2016
· We will provide any necessary additional training and support for the community. More details to come.
April 29, 2016
· The transition period is complete. The Minted Merchandising Operations team will not be able to accept files that do not use the new templates or provide required information.
We understand that there are a lot of elements to keep track of when setting up your customizable art and stationery files, and we’re here to help you. Read Olivia Goree's advice in her Julep post "Top 10 File Prep Tips for Minted Artists."