Yes, we encourage employees to enter Minted Challenges. We believe that participating in Challenges helps our employees walk a mile in our artists’ shoes so we can all do a better job of serving our community and improving our artist experience.
As Minted grows, we recognize the importance of setting guardrails for how Minted employees can participate. It’s of the utmost importance to us that our challenges remain fair and meritocratic. We have set the following guardrails for how Minted employees can participate in our competitions:
- Employees are eligible for both top-voted prizes and Editors’ Picks but only eligible for the lowest cash prize. All top-voted cash prizes will be paid out to external community members. For example, if an employee places 2nd in a challenge, we will recognize them as the 2nd place winner, but the 2nd place cash prize will be paid to the next highest-ranking external community member, the 3rd place cash prize would be paid to them next highest-ranking external community member, and so on.
- Employees are eligible for the same ongoing sales commissions as any other non-employee artist.
- Employees are not eligible for non-monetary prizes or Special Prizes or Awards. Employees are not eligible for commissioned design opportunities.
- Minted employee artists are only eligible to be at the “C” level of the CMYK program, even if they have qualified for higher levels.
- Employees who participate in challenges will not have access to any hidden designs during the submission period.
- Employees participating in Challenges must do so outside of work and with only their own resources.