Gradients are placed on top of customizable photos in order to improve legibility of text or foil elements in a design. Please use the Minted approved gradients in your files, which can be downloaded from your File Request email.
WHEN TO USE THEM
- Use a gradient in your design if you have light or fine text and think it may be difficult to read on customer photos.
- Gradients are colorway-specific, so feel free to include only on colorways that need one.
- Gradients work best on full-bleed photo designs with light or dark text-heavy design elements.
Example of gradient needed for colorway A, but not colorway B
If you are using a Minted gradient in your design, it’s important that you set this up correctly so it works in our customizer.
- Download Gradients: You can find the Minted Gradients in the template download link found in your File Request email. Select the one that matches the orientation of your design.
- Place on Foreground layer: Copy the gradient and place in your design template on the foreground layer. This will automatically apply this gradient to the customer’s photo when they are customizing their design on site, darkening it slightly.
NOTE: Please do NOT rasterize the gradient with the photo used in your design, otherwise it will not show up in our customizer.