Often times Minted customers fall in love with a design but the orientation of the photo area does not work with their photo. With the format our our new Product Details Page, we can accommodate multiple versions of a design on the same page so customers can find the version that works best for them. See below for guidelines regarding alternate photo orientations.
- Your design must be a single-photo design. Multi-photo designs are not eligible for alternate versions.
- Your design must have a portrait or landscape photo space. Designs with a square photo are not eligible for alternate versions.
* If you submit an alternate orientation version and your design does not qualify, our team has the right to deny your submission and not launch the additional version.
ACCEPTABLE ALTERNATE VERSIONS
These examples give customers the option to upload either a portrait or landscape photo.
The first example uses a different card orientation, and the second uses the same card orientation. Both are acceptable repurposes into the alternate photo orientation.
UNACCEPTABLE ALTERNATE VERSIONS
While these versions have different layouts, the photo areas do not differ enough to warrant an entirely new version.
The photo space in the first example is square, so an alternate photo orientation is not needed. Both landscape and portrait customer photos will work in this design. The second example is multi-photo, therefore both portrait and landscape photos are accommodated and an alternate version is not necessary.
For alternate photo orientations, we prefer you use either the same photo or a photo of the same family. Since all versions of a design will show on the same Product Details Page, this will help ensure consistency of your design.
NOTE: Our Merchandising Team may choose to change the photo(s) used in your alternate version for one of the following reasons:
- The photo in your default version was changed.
- We have a different photo in our Minted Photo Library that better complements your alternate version.
SUCCESSFUL ALTERNATE PHOTO ORIENTATION EXAMPLES
NOTE: If your winning design is a single-photo design, our Merchandising Team may want to repurpose your design into a multi-photo version (or vice versa). We will reach out to you directly with an additional file request if we are interested in adding this alternate version to our assortment.